Purified drinking water is usually available year-round at Bright Angel and Indian Garden Campgrounds and at Bright Angel and South Kaibab trailheads.
The list below reflects seasonal changes and will be updated when water is turned on or off.
- North Kaibab Trailhead: water turned ON
- Supai Tunnel: water turned ON
- Roaring Springs Day Use Area: water turned ON
- Cottonwood Campground: water turned ON
- Bright Angel Campground:ON year-round (except when being repaired)
- Indian Garden: ON year-round (except when being repaired)
- Bright Angel Trail, Three-Mile Resthouse: water turned ON
- Bright Angel Trail, Mile-and-a-Half Resthouse: water turned ON
- Bright Angel Trailhead: ON
- South Kaibab Trailhead: ON
Seasonal water stations are usually turned off for the winter sometime between Oct 10th and 30th dependent on location and associated temperatures.
Water available (year-round) on the South Rim at the Backcountry Information Center in the lobby. Water available (year-round) on the North Rim outside the Backcountry Information Center. Additional water bottle filling stations can be found on the Go “Green” and Refill Your Water Bottles web page.
Plan Ahead and Prepare: A backup method to treat water, should the pipeline break, must always be included as part of your first aid kit. Backcountry hikers should always carry extra water.